General Registration Information
The applications on this web site use a very simplistic registration system. The original system was tied to individual computers, meaning applications would have to be registered for each computer it was used on, even if you were just upgrading your computer. As of version 3 for all applications, the registration code is based on the name of the original user account on your computer. This means that, assuming your account names are the same, your application will be transferable when you upgrade computers, or even if you have multiple computers. If you want to use the applications on computers that have a different user account name, then you will have to register again. That's not the best system in the world, but it helps to keep in mind that this is one of the reasons that the registration for each application is only $5.99 or $9.99 for the suite of tools.
Because the registration code can't be "turned off", once you receive a code, your registration is not refundable. For this reason, all of the VIDEOtoolbox applications are, for the most part, trialware. So be sure you test thoroughly before you register. If you're satisfied with your testing and if you're OK with registration limitations mentioned above, then keep reading to see how to register. Be sure to carefully read all the steps before you register:
- Make sure that you have your Username before you start. You will need to enter this information during checkout.
- If you do not know your Username, you'll find it in the preferences panel of the application you are registering. If you're registering for the VIDEOtoolbox suite of tools, then you can use the username from any of the applications.
- Note, the application determines your username for you. It is based on the original account name of your computer, not necessarily the user account that you've logged into, but your registration code will allow the application to be used by all accounts on the computer.
- Once PayPal approves the payment, an e-mail with the registration code will be sent to you. This is an automated process, so assuming no problems with PayPal, you should get your registration code within a few minutes of registering.
- Note, the registration code will be sent to the email address entered during checkout, not your PayPal email address. So be sure you enter a valid email address during checkout.
- If you do not receive an e-mail with your registration code within 10-minutes or so of registering, then try the following:
- Be aware that if you paid by e-check, then it can take several days for the check to clear, and you will not receive a registration code until then.
- Check your spam folder. Some users have reported their registration e-mails getting filtered as junk mail.
- The email you entered during checkout is on the "Order Received" page that you should have been redirected to from PayPal when the order was completed. Verify that it is correct. If it's not, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your username. The code will be sent out manually. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees on how long it'll be before you get a response.
- If none of the above helps, then there is some issue beyond your or my control (e.g., PayPal notification delays, network issues, server crash) that is delaying your code being sent out. Don't worry, you'll get your code as soon as the issue is resolved. Feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what happened.
- Please, DO NOT FILE A DISPUTE with PayPal. You're not being ripped off if you didn't get your code right away. PayPal is such a pain to deal with and going through that route instead of sending a quick e-mail will actually probably slow down the resolution of the problem
- If you received a code, but it's not working, then send an e-mail to email@example.com. The most common problem is typos with the username (e.g., it's case sensitive) which is why you are strongly urged to use copy and paste entering the username during checkout. Include your username with your e-mail, and then your code will be sent out manually.
- Once you receive a registration code go the the applications menu and select "Enter Registration Code" (or use the ⌘-R key combination) to open up the registration window. Enter your code in the appropriate text field.
Proceed to the EmmGunn Shop.